How to Create a Great Profile
Check out our tips on how to create a successful Teen Jobs profile!
View tips on how to create a successful Teen Jobs profile!
1. Profile Picture
Most employers will evaluate the photo before reading your profile so it is critical you make a good first impression. We suggest uploading a nice headshot style photo of yourself because it will rank you higher in our search results. Consider the image quality, background, lighting and remember to smile!
2. Profile Content
Teen Jobs additionally allows you to add an about me description, interests, personal attributes, education and work experiences. Here are some tips for when writing anything on your profile:
- Make sure you are clear, concise, and professional while still showing your personality.
- Enter all your information as employers will often choose the profile with more detail.
- Sell your strengths to get employers to want to read more.
- Make sure the spelling, punctuation and grammar is correct. Our profile optimizer can check your work and make your profile more professional.
- Use powerful verbs such as achieved, maximized, led, explored, awarded and surpassed.
- Don't use words or statements that are false or misleading.
- Don't use slang or text language.
- Don't copy other profiles, your goal is to make you stand out among others.
3. Hourly Pay Range
The pay range feature allows you to give employers an idea of how much you expect to be paid. Here are some tips when setting your hourly pay range:
- Try to give a realistic value as this helps to guide employers.
- Keep in mind the starting-out minimum wage and the adult minimum wage when setting your expectations. Read more on minimum wages
- If you are doing a one-off, contracting job (where there is a set price regardless of the number of hours your work) then there is no minimum wage rate.
4. Optimize Your Profile
Now that you have completed your profile, we recommended optimizing your profile. This is where Teen Jobs will do a 27 point check on your profile and fix and make recommendations on any potential improvements or errors.
5. Marketing Your Profile
Once your profile is perfect, to help increase the chances of getting a job, share it with your family and community.
We recommend sharing your profile through your local Facebook community groups and on websites such as Neighbourly.
Copy and paste this link and being sharing!
Other Helpful Tips
- Follow Teen Jobs on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date with new updates and recieve more tips.
- Quickly respond to employers job offers, even if not interested. Make sure you frequently check your emails as Teen Jobs will send you an email every time an employer contacts you.
- Sign in to Teen Jobs and update your profile regularly to ensure that all information is up to date. Employers check your profile and if information is wrong, it may give a bad impression.